After a two-day break, rain returns to Hyderabad

Hyderabad: After a two-day break, the rain again plagued the heavy rain on Saturday by Bandlaguda in Uppal at 21:00 with a rainfall of 119 mm.

According to real-time surveys by the Telangana State Development Planning Society, the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation rained an average of 23 mm of rainfall for up to 8 hours. The heavy rains, which caused several roads, especially to the south of the city, to flood just like Tuesday night, have caused panic in many areas, where people have yet to recover from the devastation caused by Tuesday’s rains.

The day started on a clear note, with the maximum temperature even rising to 31 degrees Celsius from last week’s 24 degrees Celsius. However, the clear sky became cloudy by evening, and the downpour usually started at 17:00. People returning from offices were surprised, with streets in many areas including Hayathnagar, LB Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Koti, MGBS and Uppal soon coming under sheets of water.

Also read:  Hyderabad: businessman hangs himself Covid-19 hits trade

rain returns A section of Falaknuma Road flooded in, after which officials blocked the area with traffic police and asked people to take alternative routes. One person got an electricity system after coming into contact with an electricity pole near the crossroads of Yashoda Hospital at Old Malakpet. He was identified as Ramulu, a native of Srikakulam of Andhra Pradesh. There were also reports of awake residents rescuing four people, including two women, struggling to cross a street in Kamala Nagar near Chaitanyapuri.

Also read:  Fear of Corona, fought with courage: Mahmood Ali

On Twitter, Mamidi Rohith shared a video of a flooded street near the Sri Sai Nagar colony near Nagole, in which a car was partially submerged. With rainwater flowing over the old Kurnool Road to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad, motorists were asked to take the Outer Ring Road. Elsewhere in the city, people on the way home got stuck in traffic jams. The traffic police and the GHMC’s DRF teams were on their way shortly after the rain began to clear waterlogging points and restore the free flow of traffic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *